Rob Roy Mcgregor books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jason Royal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jason Royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rob Roy Mcgregor books
    Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 20:19
On the subject of working up excerpts:

Had any one here checked out his books on this subject yet? I picked up the one with Mahler 3, pet. ravel, and bach the other day and it is a great way to work on things. He has a series of etudes and exercises to help get in you shape to play the actual excerpts.
Alex Yates View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Alex Yates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 20:38
I love these books and don't know why they are not used more. They are wonderful. The Mahler 3 is excellent training for the real thing. The "B" version is a lot of fun to play! I play it as an etude or a flow study often.

At least the books teach us how to teach ourselves in a new and fresh way when working on  rep. The entire philosophy behind them is healthy and a great addition to studying excerpts.
I am a work in progress dressed in the fabric of a world unfolding. - Ani DiFranco
Paul Morris View Drop Down
Orchestra
Orchestra

Quote Paul Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 19:50
These are very well done. I enjoy the exercises--they begin with the simple outline of the excerpt and then become progressively more complex. Fun to play!

Tempe, Arizona
 Post Reply Post Reply